Are you the type of person that loves to help others?
There are not many careers that allow you to give back to your community whilst enabling you to build a career to be proud of. At Cherish UK we are looking to expand our team of care professionals and are recruiting in the Lowton area in Wigan.
We need caring, hard-working and enthusiastic support workers who are passionate about providing a quality care service to adults within their own homes. We currently have vacancies for male and female support workers to work weekends. This is an ideal job for students, as a second job, or for those with other commitments in the week.
The types of duties that you will be expected to carry out include helping our Clients in and out of bed, getting washed and dressed, assisting with personal care, giving medication, food preparation, general housekeeping, shopping as well as engaging with clients for social activities and enrichment.
Our ideal candidate would have (or be working towards) an NVQ level 2 / 3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care, however we believe you cannot teach people to care, that comes naturally so don’t worry if you have no formal experience or qualifications. We will give you all the training you need to become an excellent carer.
Cherish UK can offer you:
- an excellent training and induction programme
- immediate starts
- an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualification in Health and Social Care
- various shifts to suit you over the course of the weekend
- excellent pay and rewards
- a real opportunity for progression within a growing business
- contribution towards petrol expenses if you are using your own car and ‘top ups’ if you are the driver in a double up team
- uniform, ID, stationery, a smartphone with your rota on and everything you need to keep records in a Client’s home